For students graduating from high school in 2008 or later, the following criteria for Scholars applies:
High school students are asked to meet the following criteria in order to be recognized as Arkansas Scholars:
- Earn semester grades of "C" or above in all courses.
- Achieve a 95% or better attendance record (average over four years).
- Complete the recommended courses to graduate from high school and to prepare for post secondary education, including:
Finish high school in 8 consecutive semesters.
- English. 4 units (I, II, III, & IV)
- Science. 3 units (from biology, chemistry, physics, and physical science, lab based).
- Mathematics. 4 units (algebra I, geometry, algebra II and an advanced math course)
- Social studies. 3 units (to include world history, U.S. history, civics/government)
- Complete the balance of state mandated high school graduation requirements.
For questions about the Arkansas Scholars criteria and course of study, please contact ABEA at 870-886-7673.